Friday, March 26, 2010

Something Funny

I seem to ALWAYS write serious blogs, journals, poetry and choreograph serious pieces. I am actually quite a goofy person though! I used to not be able to laugh at myself. If someone laughed at me, I would get highly offended. Pride! I don't know the process that made me laugh at myself, throw in the towel and just let go of that pride. I think it was life - all the trials and circumstances, all the times we are foolish, or foolish things happen to us. As they saying goes, "you have to laugh or you'd cry". But the freedom that comes with being able to laugh at oneself is so great - It is a relief - the surface of what seems smooth is cracked open and all that is really inside comes out - just like a Kinder Egg surprise! You can just be you, warts and all! And often what comes forth are little gems ( no, not plastic junk!!) And I absolutely love to draw that out in people - give them a comfortable place to be themselves - crack them open - see what's inside! Maybe that's a bit of a mission of mine, cracking people open! And I am willing to be a fool, to do this. I love the character of the court jester - and he may be the fool, but what he's doing is serious business! This is where inner healing takes place, and sometimes this comes in foolish ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment